This is what a ginormous 3 year old looks like:
This is the first birthday I’d say he “gets it” that it’s his special day. He went to school (his 3rd day) and they sang and gave him a birthday bag to take home. He was proud of the cookies he brought to share. Then he went on a man-adventure with daddy that involved chasing after a runaway kite, eating lots of sugary stuff and bouncing. We topped it all off with dinner and cake and presents with family. We all got a kick out of him sincerely trying to blow his candles out with a spray of spittle air.
Other fun tidbits about this boy-child:
- He is dramatic! – always has opinions/is stubborn, always wants something (coins, certain videos), “loves” songs and foods and declares things as “awesome.”
- He is obsessed with coins and other “treasure” – jingles when he walks because there’s “pennies” in his pockets.
- Changes clothes multiple times a day, can’t stand being wet.
- Loves everything active – swimming, baseball, chase, making messes, dancing
- He’s a cooking helper – can probably make smoothies by himself, can assemble his own sandwich
- Little Engineer – loves to build blocks, Legos, using tools, puzzles
- He’s got some serious verbal abilities and auditory memory – can memorize poems, says the pledge of allegiance, repeats things I say, counts in German.
- Plays pretend with “guys” (little figurines)
- He recently drew his first recognizable “people” picture.
- Knows his letters and numbers, colors (primary colors song!), days of the week, birthday
- Asked me to please marry him.
- Got brave all of a sudden – no longer scared of the roller coaster or the bathroom hand drier.
- Thinks his fire truck pj’s made him grow bigger.
- Very touchy, always climbing on my lap or all over me like a monkey, likes his cuddles, and is a very sweet kisser.
- Wants to know stranger’s names, quick to tell people “you can come, too.”
- Loves being read to (Berenstain Bears, Clifford, Little Critters, Winnie the Pooh)
- Clears plate to sink, sometimes picks up toys, sometimes helps set the table.
- Takes bites out of fruit from the fruit basket, helps himself to garden harvests and will eat everything (including raw lima beans just out of their shell).
- He loves his sister like crazy.
Happy Birthday, little dude. You sure bring a lot of excitement to our lives!